Who can join Horsham Artists?
Anyone who lives and/or creates their work in the Horsham area and who, whether or not they sell their work, would describe themselves as an artist in the very broadest sense.
We define the Horsham area as a rough square with Rusper and Faygate in the top-right (North-east) corner, Rudgwick in the top-left (North-west) corner, Amberley in the bottom-left (South-west) corner and Small Dole and Steyning in the lower-right (South-east) corner.
Members must be over eighteen years of age.
We welcome both experienced practitioners and people who are just starting to explore their chosen medium. We do not operate any sort of interview or portfolio presentation process
What does it cost?
You will be asked for a single payment of £40 when you first join.
This is made up of a one-off joining fee of £20 and your first annual subscription of £20.
The subscription year runs from January 1st to December 31st. Please be aware that the annual subscription is payable at the full amount of £20 irrespective of the date you join during the year.
Membership entitles the member:
- to participate in the Art Trail, Art Fair and any other Horsham Artists exhibitions and/or events. However, where there is a space restriction places will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis at the registration stage. As such, membership does not guarantee automatic participation in every event.
- to feature on all Horsham Artists social media outlets including a dedicated page on the website. Please note that setting up your Artists Profile on the HA website is compulsory for joining the group. It is a simple process carried out by our Web Manager – details of what to send him will be provided
- to attend all Horsham Artists social events
- attend and vote at Horsham Artists meetings and the AGM
How does the joining process work?
Step 1. You complete the form below
Step 2. Once your details on the form have been seen to meet the criteria – your age and whether you live and/or create your work in the Horsham area, you will receive an acknowledgement email from the Membership Secretary with instructions on how and who to pay the joining and membership fee, and what to do to complete your Artist Profile page for the Horsham Artists website.
Step 3. Once the treasurer has received your payment, they will inform the membership secretary.*
Step 4. Once the Web Manager has received your material for the Artists Profile, they will inform the membership secretary.*
Step 5. The membership secretary will then send you a welcome email with information about the date and time of the next meeting and/or event. If you let us know whether or not you will be able to come along, either the Membership Secretary or the Chair of HA will be ready to meet and welcome you.
At this point you will be seen to have completed the application process and become a member of Horsham Artists – congratulations!
* Please note that due to the volume of work involved, Horsham Artists cannot ‘chase up’ applications.
If you don’t proceed with Steps 3 and 4, we will assume that you have changed your mind about joining us and, after 28 days, in line with GDPR guidelines, your details will be deleted. Obviously, we hope that that won’t be the case.
Complete this form to request to join Horsham Artists